Aircraft Maintenance Stand Experts
With more than 75 years of combined experience, JETechnology Solutions is the trusted partner of the United States armed forces, as well as commercial entities in search of superior ground support equipment for commercial and business aircraft with fixed or rotary wings. As a provider of turnkey solutions for aircraft maintenance stands, we design, build and deliver your product from one location: our 47,000-square-foot facility in Apopka, FL.
Our continued partnership with public and private organizations comes from our dedication to quality and quality assurance. Being ISO 9001:2015 certified, we demonstrate our continued commitment to designing, engineering and manufacturing aircraft stands that deliver safety and reliability to your organization. We’re also International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) compliant as well as certified by the American Welding Society and Solidworks.
WHAT ARE AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE PLATFORMS?
Aircraft maintenance platforms are versatile structures that give maintenance engineers safe access to otherwise difficult-to-reach areas. There are as many options for stands as there are types of aircraft because every unique maintenance situation calls for a specific solution.
Our versatile range of lifts and customization options ensure you get the proper equipment for your MRO routine — or maintenance, repair and overhaul — allowing you to maximize maintenance efficiency and be more thorough in your repairs.
WHY ARE AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE PLATFORMS IMPORTANT?
For any professional mechanic, there’s no substitute for being well-equipped with the right tools. A difficulty with servicing aircraft has always been their unique construction and the height at which mechanics must work. That’s why having a maintenance stand that’s engineered for safety and to fit your aircraft is essential. MRO stands help improve your maintenance routine and, in turn, your aircraft.
They improve your aviation operations in three ways:
Aircraft stands are the safest way to work on aircraft. When working several feet off the ground and at extreme angles, you don’t want anything but a stable platform with protective railings. Our full range of options, including custom stands and adjustable lifts, ensure that no matter where you need to work, you can do so confidently. If one of our stands isn’t exactly what your situation calls for, we’ll custom-design one that is the safest for you and your personnel.
Here at JETechnology Solutions, we know the most important asset is the well-being of your aircraft maintenance technicians. Safety is always our priority, and our ground support equipment is first and foremost designed to protect those who use it. We have 75 years of combined experience manufacturing stands that are industry-certified as the safest for your technicians.
A thorough MRO routine on the ground is the key to safety in the air, so it’s imperative that you equip your aircraft maintenance engineers with the best tools possible. When your technicians have the proper maintenance equipment and aren’t worrying about safety, it allows them to work more thoroughly. This leaves less opportunity for mistakes and means you’ll have a safer aircraft.
Any mechanic will testify that having the right tools for a job makes all the difference. When your engineers are properly equipped, they can better focus on the task at hand. With the right ground support equipment or GSE, solution for your maintenance needs, you can standardize your maintenance routine — skip the guesswork and develop an efficient service strategy.
Having a specific and easily adaptable maintenance stand for your aircraft makes your maintenance projects as efficient as possible. Technicians can set up the stands quickly and begin any job knowing they have the proper support.
Having the right GSE helps maintenance go more smoothly. When you have tools you can depend on, you don’t have to worry about how you’ll work on your aircraft — it’s as simple as deciding when and where to do your repairs.
Being well-equipped for a proper maintenance routine is the best measure to prevent aircraft from malfunctioning. Reliability comes from your ground support team doing their best work, and that means having maintenance equipment that’s functional and dependable. In an industry where you take every precaution available, an aircraft maintenance stand is an invaluable tool.
Aircraft work stands allow you to thoroughly check all parts of otherwise hard-to-access areas. That’s why the United States military and commercial airlines use our ground support solutions — they need to be absolutely sure that no detail is missed.
Our stands are built to last as well. We use all USA-made materials and military-grade strength in our design — our stands are made to be tough and come with a one-year warranty.
We also offer turnkey GSE solutions, from design to delivery. We manufacture everything in-house as well, using only the best American-made materials and skilled engineers to produce a superior product. We do everything in our 47,000-square-foot headquarters in Apopka, Florida and deliver it to you ready-to-go. When you work with JETechnology Solutions, you know you’re getting a quality product you can depend on for years to come.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE PLATFORMS?
Here at JETechnology Solutions, we have an aircraft maintenance stand for every type of service situation. From routine inspections to full overhauls, we offer a wide range of options, as well as fully custom designs. We engineer all of our ground support equipment with industry-leading innovation and safety features.
The most common types of aircraft maintenance stands are:
1. DAILY MAINTENANCE PLATFORMS
Daily maintenance stands are typically stand-alone platforms that are portable and easily moved. There are several different types — some are simple, having a non-adjustable staircase and single platform, while others may be height-adjustable and able to be configured in different ways and for multiple purposes. Because of their stand-alone nature, a fall-protective design is even more critical.
Daily maintenance stands are often a go-to choice for single-area projects because they’re easy to use and maneuver. The versatility of the adjustable models means you can use them on a variety of different aircraft. Aviation technicians use them for both indoor and outdoor operations, and some models can connect to more complex maintenance stands as a modular component.
2. WRAP-AROUND MAINTENANCE PLATFORMS
The full-sized wrap-around maintenance platforms are designed for full overhaul inspections and repairs. They give technicians easy and safe access to electrical and pneumatic power through integrated systems within the stand — this is much easier than connecting to power sources elsewhere and dealing with cords and hoses hanging over the railing and in the walkway. Having a clear workspace is not only an easier working environment, but it’s also safer and reduces hazards.
The large wrap-around style of a maintenance platform takes longer to set up and is not as versatile as the smaller daily or adjustable stand. Wrap-arounds are often designed specifically for one type of aircraft and require a more complex assembly before use.
3. ADJUSTABLE MAINTENANCE PLATFORMS
We design our adjustable maintenance stands to be versatile and easy to use — these stands are the go-to choice for quick maintenance operations. While setting up an entire wrap-around platform is sometimes necessary, it can be more efficient to complete certain projects by using a few adjustable maintenance platforms instead. They’re easy to deploy and can be ready to go without the need for assembly and disassembly. They also require much less storage space than some of the wrap-around models that do not entirely break down.
There are different types of adjustable maintenance platforms for lifting a single technician, including winch lifts, boom lifts and scissor lifts. Choosing the right one for your operation may depend on a few things: how high you need to work, how much weight your stand needs to support and what part of the aircraft you need to access. Assess your maintenance needs and before purchasing, as a more versatile type of lift may be able to replace a couple of less versatile ones, which will save you time, money and storage space.
All of the adjustable lifts at JETechnology undergo thorough load rating testing to ensure the safety of those who use them. When you’re on a lift 50 feet above the ground, you can be confident that you’re on the safest equipment available.
4. CUSTOM AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE PLATFORMS
We make aircraft maintenance stands for all MRO situations. While we have a large selection of stands for many types of aircraft, there are often unique situations as well. That’s why we’ll custom build platforms based on any specifications you give us. We build our custom-made stands to your specifications with only the highest grade of materials. We handle everything from design to delivery, making sure every detail is precisely what you need for your aircraft and your maintenance team.
We deliver all of our custom maintenance solutions to you ready-to-use. When you order through JETechnology Solutions, you can expect safe, reliable products that are built to last.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN AN AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE PLATFORM
Finding the right aircraft maintenance stand is never a one-size-fits-all solution. As every MRO routine is different, you have to consider your specific needs when deciding how to upgrade your setup.
How do you choose the right ground support equipment? Consider these three factors:
To maintain high-quality aircraft, you need high-quality maintenance equipment. Because your ground support routine is an essential part of preparing any aircraft for use, you don’t want to worry about if it’s going to break down. Choose a work platform that reflects the same quality standards you expect from a precision aircraft — you’ll be happier in the long run.
Our clients need their platforms to be dependable 100 percent of the time, and we design our products to this standard. We make our stands to last — our all-American manufacturing process guarantees that you get the highest-quality in the industry.
The design of your maintenance equipment is imperative to its function. Your technicians’ ability to work well depends on having GSE designed explicitly for your aircraft and your facility.
You may solve some basic MRO needs with pre-made stands, but other situations call for the use of custom-made platforms or a combination of the two. In either case, with our maintenance platforms, our experienced engineers simulate drops, heat transfer, fluid flow and fatigue in all our products to make sure everything is built to be beyond safe.
The design of your ground support equipment also depends on your facility. Consider these factors when deciding what maintenance stands are right for you:
- Work Area Size: Assess the size of your work area before purchasing any ground support equipment. Don’t forget that you need space to store your stands when they’re not in use. We offer custom solutions that are tailor-made to your work area.
- Installation Restrictions: Identify any installation restrictions that may apply to your facility. Make sure there’s enough space to set up your new equipment without interrupting your current maintenance routine.
- Load Capacity: Determine how much weight your platforms will need to carry, including the number of people usually working in specific areas as well as the tools and power supply they’ll need with them.
- Stand Material: Aluminum is usually the preferred platform material because it’s cost-effective and lightweight, but there are other options available for different load capacities and budgets.
- Compatibility: Some work stands function as modular units that can be used as mobile stands or attached to larger wrap-around platforms. This can significantly increase the functionality and space-efficiency of your setup.
- People per Platform: Observe how your MRO team likes to work. Make sure the equipment you choose can safely support the number of people in one area, as well as remain OSHA compliant.
- Railing: The height of your GSE’s railing is an important decision to maximize safety and functionality. It must be high enough to be safe, yet not in a position that will hinder the work of your technicians.
It’s crucial to get a stand you can trust, but it’s also important to stay within your budget. Often, choosing the right combination of custom platforms and pre-made lifts will get you to your price point.
While nothing is as important as the safety of your technicians and getting the job done, we know that every MRO manager is still on a budget — we offer many different types of work stands and material options to fit your needs. We can help you figure out the right combination of equipment for you.
Who We Work With
These are a few of the clients we’ve had the pleasure to work with:
- The United States Military
- DoD Contractors
- Commercial Airlines
- International & Business Aviation
Military Aircraft Maintenance Stands
When you have to be ready to go at a moment’s notice, your aircraft needs to be fully operational at all times. The U.S. Military has thousands of aircraft that undergo aircraft maintenance regularly. That’s why the United States military uses aircraft maintenance stands to make sure every component is operation-ready. JETechnology Solutions manufactures military-specific aircraft stands that are used to keep our country’s state-of-the-art aviation technology in top form.
We’re proud to support our military, and we do it with all USA-made products. From materials to design and production, our team takes pride in knowing that we help the military by providing the best aircraft maintenance equipment to keep American aircraft in top shape.
Commercial Aircraft Maintenance Stands
When carrying precious cargo, nothing is as important as the safety of you and your passengers. According to the FAA, over 2,500,000 people fly every day in and out of U.S. airports. Regular and thorough maintenance with airport ground support equipment is the best way to make sure your aircraft is ready for the responsibility of frequently transporting passengers.
Airlines use our passenger plane maintenance stands to make sure their planes are safe. Some of the companies we work with include:
International & Business Aircraft Maintenance Stands
Companies around the world look to aircraft maintenance stands to support their technicians. JETechnology Solutions has become a long-term partner for many international clients because of our reputation for delivering industry-leading designs and uncompromised quality. We have a network of suppliers and carriers we trust to provide the best materials and transportation to our international buyers.
We deliver to:
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- And more
All of our international products come with a one-year warranty, no matter the material used or type of equipment. The warranty protects against material defects and is a reflection of our confidence in our material suppliers and our international support network.
Why Choose Us?
From concept to completion, we handle every step of producing your aircraft maintenance platforms. Our approach to delivering a quality engineered solution includes:
The core of our operation is quality assurance, which we’ve developed with ISO 9001:2015 principles. Whether we’re in the pre-production, procurement, manufacturing or delivery phase, our team demands excellence in the quality of your ground support equipment. That’s why we learn your requirements early, as well as ensure full traceability and the use of qualified suppliers that match our goals for producing a product that’s 100 percent American-made.
Our design and engineering team considers every aspect of your aircraft maintenance stand. The group reads through your statement of work, request for proposal and any additional requirements, plus your budget and designated deadline. Our expert team also thinks about the transport and packaging of your aircraft stands before diving into a design. Afterward, we test them — simulating drops, heat transfer, fluid flow, fatigue and more before initiating manufacturing.
Trusted Delivery & One-Year Warranty
After construction, your aircraft maintenance stands are ready for delivery. We prepare them for shipping with the appropriate packaging materials, as well as by partnering with trusted carriers that offer the best method of transportation for your platform. When your aircraft stands arrive, they come with a one-year warranty for their craftsmanship.
At JETechnology Solutions, we’re as committed to workplace safety as you are. Each design is examined for OSHA standards and regulations. Many of our products meet Air Force Office of Safety and Health (AFOSH) requirements as well. See the certifications we’ve achieved as a promoter and steward of fall prevention and OSHA-compliance.
The organization is perhaps best known for its code and certification procedures, which provide industry standards for the welding and joining of metals, plastics and other materials. Through their publications, internet forums, social media, member services, local and national events, educational resources, networking activities, and certification procedures, AWS keeps welding professionals and those interested in materials science up to date with the most current advances and procedures in the industry.
Our 5-Step Process
At JETechnology Solutions, we have a five-step process that’s been making managers of all aviation industries happy for years:
1. Aircraft Maintenance Stand Consultation & Collaboration
The first step toward your custom maintenance solution is a pressure-free consultation. We’ll get to know you and your operation needs, and then discuss options that may be good for you.
We’ve collaborated with almost every aviation industry — from passenger airlines and international companies to the United States military. For every customer, there’s a unique maintenance solution. We pride ourselves on providing our clients with the best equipment possible. With over 40,000 daily flights in the U.S. alone, reliable and efficient GSE has never been more crucial.
We have extensive experience working with the United States military, which has helped us become the experts on custom-design. The military has several models of special-purpose aircraft that need their own custom maintenance equipment. Because of this experience, we know to how engineer GSE solutions for any maintenance routine. Our team of engineers has over 75 years of combined experience and will design the best setup for you.
The next step is to discuss your goals — what aircraft you manage, what your current maintenance equipment is like and how you would like it to improve. Once we know what your management needs and goals are, we’ll be able to suggest equipment options.
There are specific requirements that every manager needs to fulfill. We’ll discuss your maintenance routine to establish the details of what type of work your team does. No matter what you need to get done, we have options for materials and features that will fit your specifications.
We have a wide range of options to fit your budget. Depending on your goals and operations, we offer different materials for construction that fit into the price range for your maintenance needs.
Upon approval, we conduct interviews with your in-house safety experts, end-users and stakeholders.
We’ll even come to your facility to survey your workspace to consider its layout for the design of your work stand. These are some of the factors we consider when visiting your facility:
- Dimensional Restrictions: We assess your work area to determine what type of equipment is best suited to the space you have, not only for when the stand set up but for storage as well.
- Flooring Specifications: You need a stand that functions well in your facility. It must be designed for mobility, and you must have enough space to operate around it as well.
- Installation Restrictions: Before design and shipping to your facility, we determine the best course of action for installation, so as to not interrupt your ongoing maintenance as we install.
- Load Capacity: Depending on your workers and the tools you use in your maintenance, we determine the load capacity you’ll need for your equipment so that it is safe and compliant with OSHA regulations before we begin to design.
- Preferences for Material Construction: When we visit your facility, we can better determine which materials are suitable for your operations.
- Modularity: We design some of our work stands to be compatible as modular units — able to be attached and detached from wrap-around platforms for the ultimate versatility for any maintenance job.
- The Number of People Using the Stands: We meet your maintenance team and get to know how they work — how many people they prefer in one maintenance area at a time, etc. — and then we can design a stand that fits into the way they operate.
- Railing Height: Depending on your operations, railing height can be an important specification to determine in person — it provides your maintenance team with a safe working platform, and it makes sure the railing doesn’t get in the way for specific repair jobs.
2. Design & Concept
The next phase before we begin manufacturing is to design your maintenance stand. Here at JETechnology, our most valuable team member is you. Our process revolves around you, and we don’t put anything into production until we make sure it’s exactly what’s right for your team and your maintenance facility.
This is how we do it:
- Hand Sketching: Our industry-leading and innovative designs all start with a hand sketch. We manually conceptualize each custom platform before we put it into our digital engineering programs.
- 3D CAD Modeling: We use 3D CAD modeling, so you’ll be able to see your custom maintenance stand in three dimensions before it enters into the production phase. This makes it easy to collaborate and tweak the design if need be.
- In-Person Collaboration: We keep you involved in our manufacturing process — our customers often visit our facility before and during fabrication. We collaborate with you to make sure every aspect of your maintenance equipment is exactly how you envision it.
Because of our extensive experience, we know how to make high-quality, practical GSE designs. Working closely with our clients has made us the experts on creating solutions that maximize functionality. We guarantee our custom equipment to be the safest and most user-friendly available.
No matter what custom design we make, safety is always our priority.
We make sure our designs are compliant with up-to-date safety regulations. Your maintenance platforms have to be up to code to protect your aircraft and engineers as well as to satisfy the requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Air Force Occupational and Environmental Safety, Fire Protection and Health (AFOSH) codes. All of our custom stands are OSHA and AFOSH compliant.
If you have maintenance equipment that isn’t up to safety code, it’s dangerous to your workers, and you may be at risk for OSHA fines. The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports about three million workplace injuries per year — we help our clients avoid being a part of this statistic.
OSHA requirements are numerous and specific, and we’re proud that our products satisfy and exceed their safety specifications. We incorporate all OSHA safety requirements into every custom design we make — everything from handrail height to load capacity rating to the materials and angle of your staircases.
3. Manufacturing & Shipping Detailing
At JETechnology Solutions, we manufacture all of our ground support equipment in-house at our 47,000 square-foot headquarters in Apopka, Florida. Because we do everything right here, it makes quality assurance and modifications quick and easy — which means our lead times are faster for your project. We guarantee quality assurance in our manufacturing process and maintain full traceability of our material sourcing, which ensures you get a well-made product:
- All of our maintenance stands are 100-percent American-made. From our materials to our labor, everything is done right here in the U.S.A. We’re proud to offer all-American products that are of the highest quality available. We have a vetted and approved Qualified Suppliers List that guarantees you receive the highest-grade materials.
- During every phase of our production process, we perform rigorous quality checks through our Quality Assurance program.
- Before we begin to manufacture your ground support equipment, we plan how we’ll ship it to you. We handle every aspect of delivery — from packaging requirements to delivery and setup. We make sure your stand gets to you quickly and safely.
- We determine the best method of transportation for your equipment and your preferences. We maintain flexible shipping options, and we work with you to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective manner of delivery.
- Our ground support equipment comes ready to assemble. From the moment it arrives at your facility, it’s prepared for your new and improved maintenance routine. We also offer installation as training support at your facility upon request.
Because we plan packaging and delivery before manufacturing, we’re ready to ship as soon as we finish making your stand — so you’ll receive it as quickly as possible. Our Engineering and Logistics team works closely with you during the process so that we can make a seamless transition into delivering and setting up your ground support equipment.
4. Testing & Documentation
While we perform quality assurance checks throughout our design and manufacturing process, we have a phase dedicated to testing every component of our products so that they work flawlessly when they get to your facility. We have a structured and detailed testing process that guarantees an excellent and safe product — no matter which size or type of stand you order. We’ve created our tried-and-tested Quality Assurance program with ISO 9001:2015 principles.
Our Testing and Documentation Phase includes:
- Quality Assurance: Before we ship the product to you, it undergoes rigorous testing to make sure it’s up to our high standards of quality as well as compliant with OSHA requirements. We engineer all of our stands on a military-grade level, and we take personal pride in every piece of equipment we make.
- A Detailed Testing Phase: We have a detailed checklist that each piece of maintenance equipment undergoes before we approve it for delivery. Every component is tested for functionality and quality before we send your order to you.
- An Operation and Maintenance Manual: We create an operation and maintenance manual specific to your custom equipment. The manual includes how to safely assemble and operate your stand as well as any maintenance that’s needed to keep it working for years to come.
- Documentation: We provide any additional documentation you need concerning safety specifications to satisfy OSHA and AFOSH requirements. We’ll guide you through the details and answer any questions you may have.
We hold all of our products to the highest standard because we know the importance of reliable maintenance equipment. We work with the United States military, and their aircraft must be ready to go at a moment’s notice. That’s why we engineer all of our stands to be military-tough and reliable — our clients can’t afford to worry about their ground support equipment. It has to be simple to operate, easy to maintain and reliable one hundred percent of the time.
You can expect the highest-quality from every piece of maintenance equipment we make because we know what’s at stake — it’s not just the safety of your crew on the ground, but also your crew and aircraft in the air.
5. Delivery, Setup & Training
We demonstrate your platform’s features to your in-house safety inspectors. This way, there’s no guesswork, and you can immediately begin using your stand with peace of mind. There’s no substitute for having the safest equipment available for your maintenance engineers. They’ll appreciate the professional-level setup and have a functional, secure work stand at their disposal.
At your request, we set up your equipment and provide onsite training. We’ll come to your facility and show you the best way to assemble your aircraft maintenance stand. We’ll teach you and your maintenance team the safest practices for operations and tricks as well as tips for storage, disassembly and interfacing of tools and power. We make sure your transition into using your new equipment is smooth and doesn’t interrupt your ongoing operations.
We have a trusted network of delivery partners we use to deliver all over the United States and the world. Our quality assurance goes beyond just our design and manufacturing — it goes with your maintenance equipment all the way to your facility. We only use shipping companies that reflect the commitment to the excellent service of JETechnology Solutions. Our network of shipping associates has worked with us for years and is a valued asset to our company.
Jsi Terms & Conditions
These terms govern your use of our products, services, and website. By using our offerings, you agree to these terms, which protect your rights and outline our responsibilities. Please review them, and if you have questions, contact us. Thank you for choosing JSI.